Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wedding...

From giggly and happy at the rehearsal dinner...


...to completely emotional on her wedding day.

It's a wonderful thing to see your child reach adulthood. It is even better to see them reach a place in their adulthood where they are safe, loved and cherished.

Yesterday I watched my daughter reach that place when she married her best friend. Since meeting five years ago, Jessica and Brandon have been inseparable. They are well-suited on every level. Jessica adores Brandon, and he adores her.

Here's one of my favorite shots from yesterday. It was taken by my neighbor who noticed during the prayer that Brandon - although a devout Christian - could not bring himself to close his eyes since it would mean he'd have to stop looking at his bride.

Here are some other shots from the day, which was more wonderful and magical than I ever could have imagined. It's left me with this lingering sentimentality that has me feeling a bit weepy at times. It's so unlike me. I don't think I was adequately prepared for the level of happiness I'd feel upon seeing my daughter joined to a man I know will love her forever.


Larry, Lucas and Alex before the wedding

Jessica with her bridesmaids. She was so nervous.

Another of me and Jessica. I managed not to cry in this one.

Lucas and Alex. He was ring bearer and she the junior bridesmaid for their big sister's wedding.


The kiss.

Newlyweds...

Outside after the wedding.

Preparing to enter the limo that would take them to the reception.
An overhead shot of Jessica entering the reception hall.

First dance. Larry was a rock. I cried like a baby.





12 comments:

thimscool said...

Ha ha! That's awesome.

Great dress, of course. Beauty abounded.

Andrea said...

I'm really happy for all of you. What a beautiful family you have, and thanks for sharing the pics!

Micky-T said...

Congrats to you and your daughter...
great pics...

Morgan said...

Thanks Micky-T!

B said...

I hoped you would post wedding pictures! Congratulations on your part in creating a stable, happy adult, and on your new "son."

Morgan said...

Thanks, Luke, Andrea, Micky and B! We're so happy for them. They're honeymooning in the mountains and just called to tell me they arrived at the chalet to find a huge black bear in the yard. So much for their plans for the outside hot tub tonight!

thimscool said...

Threesome?

No no no... that's just the Tourretes talking.

Brown bears generally aren't a problem unless you get between them and their babies. Then they'll fuck you up, skippy!

Who was the best man, and how was the toast?

Morgan said...

Good advice, about not being afraid of the bear (not the threesome)...hahaha.

This was a black bear, which are generally pretty mellow. He ambled off, apparently, but Jessica had never seen a bear outside of the zoo and she was a little unnerved.

Brandon had two best men - Daniel and Shahin. They both gave toasts that were so funny and sweet and personal.

thimscool said...

Ah yes... Black, not brown. Brown might mean grizzly... they might be grisly assholes.

Tried to find a good best man speech for you on the you tube, but that place is full of iniquity, sadly. So instead I found you this.

Morgan said...

Haha Luke. I like the way he said he and his wife never go to bed angry because they just stay up and fight.
That was awesome. Nice poem, too.

laughingwolf said...

wow! grats j & b :)

nicely done, ma, pa and sibs!

Morgan said...

Thanks, my dear Wuff.