Thursday, October 02, 2008

Halloween prep time!

My totally cool new friend Christopher got me very excited yesterday when he put up a marvelous post about Halloween.  I love Halloween. Just love it. Celebrating the darker aspects of life and,  yes, even Death, is exciting. It makes us a little less afraid of the unknown, and reminds us to appreciate being on this side of the grave. For now.

Dressing up? Well, that's just icing on the cake. I'm always on the lookout for the Perfect Halloween Outfit, so in January (yes, January) when I found this awesome dress I instantly thought, "Vampire Wedding Party." I mean, it's perfect - black, clingy and it cinches down the front. How cool is that? Larry took this shot of me today out back, modeling said dress.

And yes, my lovelies, that is a real cauldron to the right. It's my cauldron. So there. 

The Vampire Wedding Party will likely be a family dress-up event, with Larry as my groom, my older sons as groomsmen, my daughters as zombie bridesmaids and darling Lucas as a ghoulish ringbearer. The ring he carries will still be attached to a severed finger. 

So after shooting me in the dress, Larry thought it might be cool to get a few shots of me with one of our spider friends before they die of exposure. The temperatures are dropping into the forties here tonight and our lovely tropical Nephila probably won't survive the chill. I found one right away, and thinks she went quite nicely with my tattoo!


Spiders are so cool. I love them, and will miss ours when they die off this year. For those of you who may have missed the video Larry shot of our collecting expedition earlier this summer, here it is:




I caught the spiders at my friend April's house. This Halloween I'll be spending lots of time at April's. We're putting together a Haunted Trail through her woods for Halloween and are going All Out.

Yes, there is so much ghoulishness to look forward to. Speaking of which, the VP debate is about to begin. I hope that Palin continues to exceed my expectations as she has done all wee. Because if she does McCain will go down in flames. That would be sweet, because a McCain-Palin administration? Now that is scary.

Anyway, I'll have plenty to say tomorrow about the debate, not matter how McCain's Vagina performs.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Let me be the first to say you look hot as hell. Awesome outfit, and it sounds like you're going to have a very fun month.

You are living the life, lady :)

Morgan said...

Aw shucks. That is so sweet of you to say. The dress is very flattering, but anything with lace-ups or corsetry is always flattering.

The Haunted Trail is going to be wicked cool. April and I are going all out, as I said. There's going to be a graveyard with a motorized swing that swings by itself, Alex is going to revise her Samara character; April even made her a realistic looking "well" to crawl out of. There will be a recording of children laughing and running through the leaves.

We're planning a toxic waste dump with a charred skeleton lying in the ooze, giant spiders in the trees with fishing line filament hanging down that people on the trail can't see but will feel as they walk through it.

There's a bamboo cage on the trail with a skeleton in it, and I'm going to be a very scary witch in a "cave" with shelves containing all manner of jars filed with creepy specimens and even some live stuff. My cauldron will be there, and will be filled with bubbling, smoking...stuff. Lucas will be my Impish Assistant.

At the end there will be the obligatory man with a chainsaw, but he'll be on the porch of a realistic cabin front.

There's other stuff too. We're still working on it. It will be awesome.

Anonymous said...

That spider doesn't deserve to live but you are a MILF.

Christopher said...

The Haunted Trail sounds so incredibly awesome. I'd love to make the trip just to see it. And I'm impressed that you got your Halloween dress in January. Sometimes people ask me when I start planning for Halloween and I say, "November 1st", but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing this year.
Oh, and thanks for the kind words. I'm all red-faced now. You'd think I'd just fed. ;)

Morgan said...

Anon, keep your hands -and boots- off my spiders. Per the MILF thing, I didn't even know what that was until a few weeks ago. Apparently never watching American Pie left a slang void in my pop culture knowledge.

Morgan said...

"Oh, and thanks for the kind words. I'm all red-faced now. You'd think I'd just fed. ;)"

ROFL...this comment has made my day. You should also be quite warm. For now....