Saturday, September 27, 2008

Was it just me...

....or did McCain come across during last night's debate as the grumpy neighbor who was going to just lose it if those goddamned kids threw their frisbee in his yard one more time? 

I thought Obama came across as reasoned and reasonable, and treated McCain as any polite young man would treat a cranky senior who insisted on calling him a whippersnapper while recalling how he had to trudge five miles through the snow to go to school. Only instead of "whippersnapper," McCain used he word "naive" and instead of snow he made reference to his days as a POW. (Because, you know, he's really the only one who's ever fought for you....)

I was really surprised to see the pundits giving such McCain high marks after the debate, and it's not just because I don't want to see McCain and his Vagina win the election. I have to wonder if the media is just being kind because they know that the vice presidential debate is going to be so disastrous for McCain's Vagina that they'll be accused of Liberal Favoritism for calling it correctly. Well, all except for Fox News, which will declare victory for Sarah Palin even if Bristol breaks down halfway through the event and runs across the stage screaming, "Mama, give me back my baby!" 

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Did he ever get back to us about how many houses he owns?

Check out these McCain slogans -
http://www.deusexmalcontent.com/2008/09/electioneering.html

They're all hilarious, but I'm partial to "McCain '08!If you vote for me I'll give back your ball."

Morgan said...

Those are AWESOME!!!
I like the one you liked, too, but "Be nice to him. He thinks you're his dead brother is a close second."

laughingwolf said...

yeah, give her back her kid, awreddy!

Morgan said...

I think Bristol gets to take care of Trig; she's just not allowed to let anyone know it's her baby. So shhhhh. ;-)

Andrea said...

It looks like some conservatives are beginning to realize that Palin is completely clueless:
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2008/09/national_review_palin_should_w.php#more

Morgan said...

Is that the full link? It didn't take me to anything.

I'm not surprised that some of the conservatives are starting to get sketchy about McCain's Vagina. This weekend a conservative female columnist whose name I can't recall at the moment called for her to step down from the ticket.

Looks like the more reasonable Republicans are having buyer's remorse. The only ones still enraptured with Palin are the religious right and anyone with face time on Fox News.

Andrea said...

Sorry about that. We're probably thinking of the same person though, a writer for National Review.

(Right now, I'm just weirded out by that kooky Duggar family...they're expecting kid #18.)

Morgan said...

The Duggars are Freaks. I do think you may appreciate this picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyzyx/249270409/

JohnR said...

Morgan: I don't think you copied the whole link.

I do like this quote from Kathleen Parker, "Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there's not much content there."

Uh, don't all politicians speak this way.

Morgan said...

Most politicians are verbose, but even the wordiest ones can be forgiven if they know what they're talking about, JohnR. Saying, "uh," "ah," "em" and "I'll get some and bring 'em back to you is a bit different. No, not all politicians make sense, but Palin makes Bush sound like Winston Freakin' Churchill.