Friday, May 09, 2008

Checking in on Thimscool...

Are you OK? I see there was some bad weather in your neck of the woods last night. I lost your email addy but wanted to make sure you and yours weren't in harms way.

To everyone else, sorry for the lag in posting. So much is going on. My oldest daughter, Jessica, graduates - with honors - from the university this weekend. Here at home we've been in the middle of some projects, which include preparing for the addition of a couple of dairy goats. And of course, both the farmer's market and my writing work are keeping me busy.

If I don't get a chance to post before Sunday, I hope those of you who are mothers will have a happy Mother's Day. And those of you who aren't, I hope you'll hug your mother if you can. She won't be around forever. 


10 comments:

laughingwolf said...

thx hon, grats... and happy mother's day to YOU :)

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

Yes
Happy Mothers day

Enjoy your children
and take some time for yourself
Say a prayer for Mother earth if you get the chance

Thanks

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thimscool said...

We're fine.Golf-ball sized hail, but no casualties.

Happy Mother's Day.

Morgan said...

Well thank goodness. I was worried about you. I'm glad you're safe. The bad weather is firing up here now, so we're hanging on to our hats. Hopefully the morning will find us safe with no damage.
To Luke, Wuff and Bob, thanks for the good wishes. It's been a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, what with Jess graduating from college yesterday.

Andrea said...

Hope you had a sweet Mother's Day, Morgan, and a hearty congratulations to your daughter :)

Lu' said...

Congratulations to your Daughter. So, did you survive the weather that was coming your way?

Morgan said...

Thanks, Lu and Andrea!!
The weather was kind of sketchy last night and there were tornado watches and warnings out for hours. Fortunately, though, we didn't get anything worse than some wind and rain. It's very breezy here today, so it's drying out pretty quickly.
We feel lucky.

thimscool said...

The aquifer appreciates our travails on its behalf.

Morgan said...

Yeah, every time I bitch about the rain, Larry also reminds me that we're technically still in drought conditions. It's like having a conscience. With back hair.