Friday, December 14, 2007

Fun with Harry

As most of the free world knows, I'm a hopeless Harry Potter fan. In fact, my recent acquisition of the latest Potter movie, the Order of the Phoenix, has proved a monumental distraction seeing as how I cannot stop watching the kick-ass fight scene between Dumbledore and Voldemort.

And next to the real thing, I enjoy Harry Potter spoofs. This is one, about poor inner city kids unable to attend Hogwarts under the school voucher program, is my all-time favorite:




Then there's the delightful Puppet Pal spoofs. This one - the 'Wizard Swears' skit - is my favorite. EXPECTO PATRONADS!! Good stuff, just watch it:



Of course, if you long for the real thing and haven't seen the movie, here is my favorite scene:



Ralph Feinnes is Lord Voldemort, and I love how the battle scene wordlessly juxtaposed the Dark Lord's raging power against Dumbledore's more mature, controlled form of magic. It was so well-done, and I can hardly bear the thought of waiting almost a year before the release of The Half Blood Prince!

6 comments:

Roland said...

"Grand Wizard" isn't PC. Who knew?
Funny stuff, Morgan.

Morgan said...

Oooo..that Grand Wizard comment was one of my favorites. And the comment about Mud Crips and Mud Latin Kings.
Funny stuff...

Mysti said...

I should not have watched that while drinking coffee. My lungs are going to hurt all day. Blech! Oh Gods that was good stuff... I'm going to watch it again, but without drinking anything. LOL

laughingwolf said...

pretty funny, but middle one fup duck for me :(

Morgan said...

Wuff, go to YouTube and search for "Wizard Swears". It's easier to view it from there. Believe me, it's worth it..
Mysti, I'm sorry I almost drowned you. But if one must drown in their morning java, I can think of no better way to do it than over an HP parody. :-)

laughingwolf said...

k thx morg! :D