Thursday, April 19, 2007

Name that horse



I am quite giddy and have little time to blog as I prepare to welcome a new member to our menagerie. He's a registered Haflinger and his acquisition comes via a stunning act of grace and generosity by a dear, dear friend.

We go to pick him up on Sunday but it will be a month before he comes here to live, since we're trailering him straight from his current home to an equestrian center for a month of professional training. After that, he will serve as a not only a family horse but will work part time giving pony rides to visiting children. He will also participate in a therapeutic riding program.

So all the plans are in place. The only thing he lacks is a name. His current owner calls him "Ajax" but that's a bathroom cleanser. Surely we can think of something else.

Any suggestions?

13 comments:

Ayman said...

I would call him the "Jihad Warrior"

thimscool said...

How about "Bombshell"?

CJ said...

He looks kind of prissy. Big Gay Al?

mitzibel said...

Elmer. You know, like the glue.

CrowdCat said...

Elan!?

This noun means so many wonderful things.

Congratulations on your new family member. He's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

He looks magical. How about Merlin?
And I second crowdcat's comment. Congrats! I'm so happy for you!
God Bless You,
Margaret

Suspect said...

If I had a horse, I'd call him Shadowfax. Woot Gandalf FTW!

Lord Omar said...

I think 'Lord Omar' would be a grand name, but I'm biased.

Elmer. You know, like the glue.

lol

thimscool said...

It's the big O! I miss your blog, Omar.

Lord Omar said...

give me an email address and you can go roam around if you want. I haven't posted lately. comments are on though.

thimscool said...

thimscool@yahoo.com

laughingwolf said...

hmmm... haflinger is NOT a morgan, by a long shot ;) lol

Chelsi said...

Great work.