Thursday, August 31, 2006

Calling all photographers..

Do any of you have any experience with this camera? I've been poring over reviews all day in expectation of my upcoming Great Camera Upgrade Extravaganza this coming week and am seriously considering this Canon Rebel XT.

From the reviews I've read, there are two downsides. One is that this is a really, really small camera. I have very small hands, so this wouldn't be an issue for me. But Larry's big paws might find such a dainty device awkward.

The other downside is that the display screen is hard to read in bright or even moderate light.

The upside: 3 frames per second shooting, fast start-up time, great picture quality...for under $1,000.

Any advice would be appreciated.

4 comments:

thimscool said...

3 frames per second. Drool.

What about lenses?

Morgan said...

It comes with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm, f3.5-5.6 zoom lens. I was in Costco this afternoon and lo and behond they have the camera there for $699.
I tried it out and it's not nearly as small as I thought it would be. They also had a Nikon for $100 but with 7.1 MP, not 8 like the Rebel XT. The sales guy is a camera nut and said he owns both and likes the Canon better.
I'm already pricing lenses. I want to get a nice telephoto lens to go with it.

Morgan said...

Oh, the difference one dropped word can make. That should have read "They also had a Nikon for $100 MORE..."

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money